This is the ultimate summertime dessert, made with a variety of three different summer fruits, store-bought pound cake, and freshly made whipped cream. My recipe for this easy tropical fruit trifle recipe will take just minutes to make, assemble, and eat. Plus, as it's a trifle, it's beautiful when displayed!
I've never made a trifle before, but I love making new desserts, and when I had the opportunity to create one, I knew I had to use all the delicious summer fruits such as nectarines, mangoes, and peaches. Of course, I couldn't resist making my own freshly whipped cream.
Peaches and stone fruit are one of my favorite fruits of the summer, such as making them in a crumble!
What are the ingredients for this recipe?
One of the reasons I opted to make this trifle is because it doesn't require very many ingredients.
- Pound Cake - I love the use of pound cake here as it gives a buttery flavor to the trifle. You could always make your own vanilla cake, or use a store-bought cake too.
- Stone Fruit - Fruits like nectarines and peaches are referred to as "stone fruits" because the flesh and fruit has a large pit in the inside.
- Mango - who doesn't love mango in the summer?!
- Heavy Whipping Cream
See the recipe card below for specific information about quantities.
How do I make this recipe?
With just five ingredients, and the optional to make your own whipped cream, this recipe is all about following a pattern, and having enough control not to eat the ingredients as you layer them into a trifle dish.
Tear 2-3 pieces of pound cake and create a layer of cake in a large trifle dish. To the cake, add a layer of whipped cream.
On top of the whipped cream, add a layer of nectarines, peaches, and mango.
Repeat until the trifle dish is full toward the top. Add a final layer of whipped cream and fruit, then serve.
Hint: If you are making your own whipped cream, be sure to chill a bowl beforehand so that the cream whips quicker. Whipped cream needs to be extra cold to whisk!
Recipe Swaps and Substitutions
If you are making this recipe with dietary needs, here are some of the suggestions I recommend when swapping out and substituting in other ingredients:
- Pound Cake - you can use a gluten free alternative to the pound cake. Gluten free brioche bread would work here too!
- Dairy - feel free to swap out the heavy whipping cream or the dairy whipped cream in the can for a dairy-free alternative
Making a trifle lends itself to so many different ways to make it! Here's a few of those variations:
- Fruit - virtually swap out any fruit you'd like if the peaches, nectarines, or mangoes are not your thing. Berries, bananas, even watermelon does really well in a trifle.
- Cake - you can use any type of cake you'd like if you don't want to use pound cake. Another type of cake I would suggest is angel food or a pre-baked cake in a grocery store. You could also opt to make your own.
- Mini - if you don't have a large trifle dish, you can make these mini parfait style in smaller cups.
Kitchen Equipment and Tools
For this particular recipe, you don't need much to assemble this trifle. One of the things you might need is an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to whisk the heavy whipping cream into whipped cream, if you are making it from scratch. Otherwise, this is what you need:
- Small bowl - for the sliced fruit
- Cutting board
- Trifle dish
How do I store this recipe?
You can leave the trifle and the ingredients in the fridge wrapped with cling wrap for up to 48 hours. You COULD also freeze a trifle, but it is not recommended. If you do choose to freeze, ensure the ingredients are tightly wrapped and sealed, and is best consumed within 1-2 months.
Like this recipe?
If you're just as in love with this recipe as I am, please share a comment below and rate it! Better yet, share this recipe with family and friends!! Thank you for being here!!
Hungry for more?
Looking for more recipes like this one? Check these out!
Easy Stone (Or ANY) Fruit Trifle Recipe
- 1 trifle dish
- 1 hand or stand mixer with whisk attachment
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- 1 large spoon
- 3 large peaches sliced
- 3 large nectarines sliced
- 1 cups mango diced
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 whole pound cake sliced
- Tear 2-3 pieces of pound cake and create a layer of cake in a large trifle dish.1 whole pound cake
- To the cake, add a layer of whipped cream.1 pint heavy whipping cream
- On top of the whipped cream, add a layer of nectarines, peaches, and mango3 large peaches, 3 large nectarines, 1 cups mango
- Repeat until the trifle dish is full toward the top. Add a final layer of whipped cream and fruit, then serve.