*this blog post and recipe is sponsored by Ancient Nutrition. There are links in this post that are affiliate links which I may receive a small commission, with no extra cost to you!*
Who doesn't love a fluffy, tall stack of delicious pancakes? Add in smashed banana, cinnamon, and two scoops of Multi Collagen Protein powder, and you've just leveled up breakfast time in a BIG way. These fluffy banana cinnamon protein pancakes are my new favorite pancake recipe, and I know this will be yours too.
I've made a few different pancake recipes before, but this one quite literally takes the cake. They're insanely fluffy, packed with banana and cinnamon flavor, and loaded with two heaping scoops of Ancient Nutrition's Multi Collagen Protein Powder. I mean, it doesn't get much better than that.
- What is collagen powder?
- What are the ingredients to make this recipe?
- How do I make these pancakes?
- Recipe Swaps and Substitutions
- Recipe Serving Suggestions
- Kitchen Equipment and Tools
- How do I store these pancakes? Can I freeze them?
- PRO TIP:
- Hungry for More?
- Fluffy Banana Cinnamon Protein Pancakes Recipe
What is collagen powder?
Collagen powder is a form of protein powder that supports joints, skin, nails, and overall quality of your gut. A Multi Collagen Protein powder such as Ancient Nutrition, has multiple forms of collagen! I love adding collagen to my recipes, especially breakfast recipes to get added nutrients in my morning meal. More benefits include:
- Healthy hair growth and thickness
- Sourced from grass-fed and pasture-raised sources.
- Offers 100% of your daily vitamin C.
You can read more about Ancient Nutrition's Multi Collagen Protein Powder here, and buy to make this recipe! *affiliate link*
What are the ingredients to make this recipe?
Pancakes include very basic ingredients such as flour, oil, milk, and eggs. This recipe also calls for banana and cinnamon, and of course, two scoops of Ancient Nutrition's Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Cinnamon - typically I would suggest just a small serving, but I used 2 large tablespoons to really let the flavor of cinnamon come through in the pancakes.
- Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- Vanilla Bean Paste - vanilla bean paste is a thicker version of vanilla extract, and I love it in this recipe. Read on to see what you can use in replacement of this.
- Banana - we really only need one large smashed banana for this recipe.
See the recipe card below for specific information about quantities.
How do I make these pancakes?
There's no fancy way of making this recipe, as it's made just as every other pancake recipe.
Begin by mixing the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and collagen powder in a large measuring bowl, then set aside.
In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork, then add in the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla bean paste. Whisk thoroughly to combine all ingredients.
To the wet ingredients, pour in the mixed dry ingredients and whisk again to combine. Do not over mix!!
Prepare a large frying pan with spray or butter, and ladle ¼ to ½ cup of batter into the pan, cooking until the sides begin to brown and bubble on the top (approximately 2 minutes), then flip. Repeat until all batter is used.
HINT: Do not over mix the batter when forming the pancake recipe. Over mixing will lead to chewy, gummy, and overworked pancakes that are tasteless; no one likes a tasteless pancake!
Recipe Swaps and Substitutions
If you're following a gluten or dairy free diet, this recipe can still work for you! Here are some of my tried and true recipe swaps and substitutions that will keep this recipe tasting just as good!
- Milk - instead of using regular milk or half and half, feel free to swap with almond or oat milk.
- Flour - use a gluten free flour that you trust, but I would suggest using a 1:1 gluten free flour here.
- Vanilla Bean Paste - you can simply use vanilla extract instead.
Recipe Serving Suggestions
There are a few different ways I like eating pancakes. Fun fact: I typically eat pancakes dry! No syrup, nada. However, for those of you who like a topping, here's what I suggest:
- Chocolate Chips - add some chocolate chips to the batter to make fun and kid friendly
- Deluxe - top with a pat of butter, whipped cream, and syrup for the ultimate flapjack stack.
- Mini - make miniature pancakes by using a tablespoon and adding to the frying pan. Some people call this "cereal pancake," I just call them bite size.
Kitchen Equipment and Tools
The beauty of making pancakes is that it only takes one bowl, a few kitchen tools, and you're good to go! Here's what you'll need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
How do I store these pancakes? Can I freeze them?
These pancakes will stay in a tightly sealed container for up to 4-5 days. I also suggest adding a batch to the freezer for a day where you just don't feel like being in the kitchen. Be sure to label the freezer batch for the date in which they were baked, and they will be good for up to one month in the freezer.
Add some caramelized banana on top of the pancakes for added banana flavor.
Hungry for More?
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Fluffy Banana Cinnamon Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 1 frying pan
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- measuring cups and spoons
- 192 grams all purpose flour 1 ½ cups
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 scoops Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- 1 large banana mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork until it's flattened separated.1 large banana
- Crack in the eggs and whisk together until combined.2 large eggs
- To the bowl, add in the milk, vanilla extract, oil, and sugar, then whisk until combined.1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 3 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated.192 grams all purpose flour, 2 tablespoon cinnamon, 2 scoops Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein Powder, 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat a large frying pan with cooking spray or butter, then ladle ½ cup batter into the pan.
- Cook until the batter forms bubbles, then flip. Repeat until the batter is finished.
- Top with butter, whipped cream, and/or fresh sliced banana.