Triple Threat Cookies
I know that a lot of people make these cookies called “kitchen sink” cookies, but I just cannot vibe with that name. When I think of a kitchen sink, I think of leftover, old, and soggy food that sits in the drain. Now that I’ve officially grossed you out, stick with me; my triple threat cookies are officially my favorite cookie on my blog so far. I loved making my peanut butter and fig thumbprints, crispy chocolate chip cookies, and of course my copycat Thin Mints. However, these triple threat cookies are legitimately outrageous, packed with three versions of chocolate and ultra chewy.
I am becoming confident in my baking skills, and since perfected my base cookie recipe! I am loving the variety of add ins and different flavor combinations with this base recipe. These triple threat cookies incorporate two of my favorite kid chocolate snacks: Flipz chocolate pretzels, mini M&Ms, and of course, mini chocolate chips. I chose to use light brown sugar for this recipe to give them a lighter texture and color. The batter chills in the fridge as my other chewy recipes do, and baked for just 14 minutes. The only caveat to these cookies is that they will be eaten fast. I made half the batter, which yielded 14, and we’re down to five remaining cookies. The “triple threat” of the chocolate mixes beautifully with the crunch of the M&Ms and chopped pretzels, and is a delicious contrast to the chewy texture of the cookie. I am drooling thinking about making them again next weekend.
- Flour: you can swap out the all purpose flour to use gluten free, but the texture will change a little bit. I recommend Bobs Red Mill All Purpose Flour for these.
- Chocolate: I used mini chocolate chips here, but you can easily use chopped chocolate. Hu Kitchen has healthy baking gems which are easy to chop (use NOMASTE at checkout for 10% off or click here).
- Mix-ins: Get creative! I will be making again with Reese’s pieces, and could be fun to throw in chopped milky way pieces (OMG)
Triple Threat Cookies
The ultimate cookie! Triple threat cookies combine three varieties of chocolate, loaded with flavor and the perfect chewy texture. Perfect cookie for any day of the week!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped chocolate covered pretzels
- 1/2 cup mini m&Ms
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips can use chopped chocolate as well!
Begin by adding the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Cream butter and sugar using a hand whisk or a stand mixer until it forms a creamy paste, approximately 3 minutes.
Add in eggs one at a time and mix to combine.
In a separate bowl, add the baking soda and flour and whisk to combine.
To the wet ingredients, add in flour and baking soda and mix a little at a time.
Add in the mini m&ms, chopped chocolate pretzels and mini M&Ms (chopped chocolate) and fold in with a spatula.
Let sit in bowl covered with cling wrap for 90 minutes in the refrigerator. After the 90 minutes are up, scoop and bake 350° for 14 minutes or until lightly brown; rotate racks from top to bottom halfway through.
Let cool completely (approximately 30m) before serving to allow the cookies to fully set.