This recipe literally came to me while I was watching HGTV the other night. I saw an ad for Domino’s pizza – which let’s be honest – is kind of OG college pizza (cheesy bread? don’t even get me started), and I got the idea to make quesadillas with the filling being that of what goes onto a pizza. I wish there was a better story behind them, but nope, just my belly saying “DO IT!”
I’m also really glad that I had leftover sauce from the meatballs I made last week, which if you missed, the link is here. I used most of the leftover marinara sauce for the filling of the ‘dilla and layered in some mozzarella cheese, sprinkled oregano, and quaintly placed some slices of pepperoni.
I’m still learning how to use my stove and oven, so one of the bottoms of the pizzadillas did burn, but I’m cool with that. Here’s the deets on the ‘dillas:
- Start with a package of tortillas (we used Mission just for testing recipe purposes – I’ll make these again with Siete)
- Get all ingredients out and ready prior to beginning.
- You’ll need:
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- Dried oregano
- Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Really good marinara (I recommend making your own or Rao’s – less sugar and good ingredients)
- Heat a pan and add the tortilla to the pan, letting it crisp and warm up
- Spoon some marinara onto the tortilla and spread around
- Sprinkle oregano, mozzarella, and layer in pepperoni
- Cover the top with a second tortilla and flip.
- Repeat for as many pizzadillas as you’d like (my ingredients yielded 4 pizzadillas and we were definitely full!)
I love quesadillas and am looking forward to making more varieties and sharing them with you soon! NOMaste 🙂